Friday, October 16, 2009

Advantures Ardith-New Zealand

October 16

My daughter is flying to Minneapolis from Durham, North Carolina this evening.Tomorrow morning she and I will fly to LAX. We arrive about 2:00 there to meet with Dawn and Darryll. Dawn is my good friend that is from New Zealand. Dawn and I meet a couple of years ago when she came to Minneapolis with her then military husband to take floral design classes.We formed a fast and strong friendship. Last Spring she and I were talking about her trip in October , home for the summer for her , away from the Midwest winters. They have the best, they follow the spring and summers around the world scuba diving.

We will be there for a couple of weeks. I will be doing a few design programs,visiting some growers that Koehler & Dramm buy from, visiting some design schools and doing a show or two on the way. Cristin a Mental Health Professional and trainer will also be networking and visiting facilities in her profession. Dawn has us all set up with business and recreation. She is the number one cruise directer, thank goodness. She knows her island and the people and places.

For those that know Cveta, who used to work here at Koehler & Dramm. She moved to Maui a couple of years ago. She will be meeting us in Auckland on Monday the 19. She is already there, been there for a month now on a meditative retreat. Long story, ask her about it.Finally another wish of mine to come true, my daughter Cristin and Cveta will meet for the first time, and they will be able to meet Dawn. That alone for me is wonderful.

This blog is set up to share with you the adventures, people, flowers and any design tips, ideas that I see. This for me is about design education. I'll be looking and interviewing designers/instructors to come over to share with you.You can have input in the process.

Stay tuned.There is a class today, Friday. I'm packed and ready, have been all week.Good thing for the class to occupy my time.

The Adventure has begun...

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Ardith! I'll be keeping my eyes on your blog! (Congrats, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted here as to where you are and what you're doing - we'll live your dream in our minds! Love ya

    ReplyDelete