Monday, November 26, 2012

My Dedication to My dear friend Doug Hesnard SDCF

   Doug Hesnard SDCF has been my friend personally and professionally for longer than I can pin down a date, time or event that we meet. He has always been there, here and everywhere, in my heart, my life, my home and me in his. Doug passed away Sunday evening, November 25, 2012 after successfully dodging cancer for many years. He was diagnosed  fought back with his mighty spirit into recovery. He looked and felt wonderful, we were all proud of him and his force for health. I was able to see and share time with him several times. He would pop into my office, unannounced and unexpected. He would tell Claudia or Dan that he was coming to Koehler & Dramm, but to keep it a secret from me. He would pop his head around the corner and say something on the edge of" How is this old woman of a florist making it through the day?" or some country name even less attractive. He would laugh with that twinkle in his eyes and bring me to a deep belly laugh. I don't know anyone in the world that I would accept that greeting from, Doug is special to me.
May you be in a field of flowers, healthy , happy and helping others. Make that special design for God and all of our friends to swagger to your arrival celebration.Your love, spirit and knowledge  taught me and all of us . We will carry on.You paid it forward for us to carry on the tradition.
Thank you my Dear Dear Friend. I love you and miss your physical presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment