Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/10/11 England

This morning on my walk I could see my breath, not really cold, just crisp on the edge. The clouds were so low I was walking through them. Each morning I go a wee bit further, watching the street signs and names. The street manes are low close to the road, say calf high on me, white with black lettering. The names keep entertaining me, with the names, Wills Old Road,
No end Lane, The Fen, Woodhill Close, Stepford Turn. Many of the homes have names. The area where I am living is Parsonage Farm, the cottage I am in is Goose Cottage. The names go with the property so have been the same for many years.
A cottage, small, old style, bungalow is larger and newer, one story, floor. Chalet is a two story house that looks one story on the outside. On Cape Cod they are called Soap houses. Terraced house id larger, with two homes. The Semi,is attached to another house but with a driveway between. Then the detached home, single family, from three to 8 bedrooms, then the Mansions, Manor Houses, Estates,are huge homes. Man of these have areas the owners live in and open the main areas for people to come visit, tour and some are bed and breakfasts, all depending on area, economy.Some have, as many large plantations in Southern US have sold the land in front of and around the main house to keep the main home. The land on each side of the driveway is held on to.
The flowers for the wedding arrived this morning. We cut and processed outside, a bit wet and chilly. I caught a bit of a chill, so came in to do the corsages and bouts inside. The flowers are beautiful. Emily's brides maids dresses are dark navy blue. The maids have handtied of roses, calla, ivy,viburnum ivy,hypericum. The bride is gloriosa lilies and foliages. The flowers are lovely. I will finish them tomorrow, detail it .
There are pictures, I will send them when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment